Register a product
you need to register a device and create a security profile at developer.amazon.com. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Setup and run
1. Download the install script and configuration file. We recommend running these commands from the home directory (~/) or Desktop; however, you can run the script anywhere.wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/alexa/avs-device-sdk/master/tools/Install/setup.sh && wget
2. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/alexa/avs-device-sdk/master/tools/Install/config.txt && wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/alexa/avs-device-sdk/master/tools/Install/pi.sh
3. Update config.txt with the Client ID, Client Secret, and Product ID for your registered product and save.
4. Run the setup script with your configuration as an argument:sudo bash setup.sh config.txt
5. After the setup script has finished running, you'll need to generate an authorization token. Run this command, and open your browser and navigate to http://localhost:3000. Log in with your Amazon credentials and follow the instructions provided:sudo bash startauth.sh
6. Last and most importantly, let's run the sample app:sudo bash startsample.sh
7. You can also run integration and unit tests:sudo bash test.sh